GE Centricity: The #1 Correctional EHR
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN ONE OF THE LARGEST HEALTHCARE COMPANIES IN THE WORLD PARTNERS WITH ONE OF THE NATION’S LEADING CORRECTIONAL EHR CONSULTANCY PRACTICES? YOU GET A COMPREHENSIVE AND FULLY INTEGRATED EHR DEVELOPED SPECIFICALLY FOR CORRECTIONAL HEALTH.
Helping you manage your inmates’ health records in a convenient and easy way.
GE Centricity Electronic Health Records (EHR) offer secure clinical records storage, so you can capture, store, and transmit essential inmate data. Quick data entry methods and at-a-glance access to patient information puts everything right where you need it. Centricity is certified as complete EHR technology, as designated by the Certification Commission of Healthcare Technology (CCHIT), an ONC-Accredited Testing and Certification Body.
GE (General Electric) Centricity has been at the forefront of Electronic Health Records for nearly two decades, and in the correctional and juvenile justice settings for over a decade. There is no other corrections-centric EHR which can support the quality of care to inmates and youths like GE Centricity. While many other EHR vendors claim their solution can support the correctional and juvenile justice environment, many lack one of two components; a comprehensive, CCHIT accredited EHR for meaningful use or an intimate understanding of the correctional enterprise.
The EHR is no longer an option when it comes to efficient and effective inmate care. GE Centricity is a robust, corrections-centric Electronic Health Record which interfaces with Jail Management Systems (JMS) as well as dozens of clinical interfaces such as labs, radiology, pharmacy, and beyond. GE Centricity has been used in the successful, 100% compliance accreditation of numerous facilities for NCCHC and ACA. Implementing GE Centricity into your corrections organization will prove to be an investment which will yield countless years of economical and efficient return on your organization’s investment.
With the implementation of GE Centricity’s EHR system, our partners see:
- Improved quality of care;
- Increased inmate safety;
- Increased health care staff productivity;
- Integrated clinical and other correctional information with state agencies and community partners;
- Decreased administrative expenses;
- Real-time interoperability/electronic exchange of clinical information with care partners in the community including but not limited to FQHCs (Federally Qualified Health Centers) and hospitals, customized to meet the specialized needs of the Correction environment;
- Web-based portal that provides community partners with access to information in Centricity’s Corrections EHR;
- Cross-population disease management;
- Integration in to the State Health Information Exchange and other information exchanges; and
- Decreased litigation costs.
Best Practice Support through Intuitive Design
Automating the most important real-world workflows into its unique user interface, GE Centricity helps maximize productivity and effectiveness. With GE Centricity, daily activities become best practices transforming the vision you have for your organization into everyday reality. Developed to support the ways physicians work in correctional facilities, Centricity will help you build:
- Efficiency with a workflow designed collaboratively with physicians to streamline processes and minimize clicks
- Consistency by ensuring that everyone in your practice is working from a single, integrated set of data
- Intelligence into your finances with reporting that identifies inefficiencies and opportunities to reduce costs
Correctional Workflow and Reporting Support
As an industry leading and fully integrated correctional EHR and eMAR system, GE Centricity provides correctional and juvenile justice facilities with a complete array of proven clinical and financial tools as well as specific reporting and workflow functionality unique to each facility. These effective, innovative tools will enhance your ability to:
- Meet Compliance and Disease Collaborative reporting requirements
- Drive and measure top-quality inmate and population care for at-risk inmates
- More effectively reduce costs to an overburdened healthcare delivery system
- Grow financially and expand access to care services
ACA and NCCHC Requirements
Unlike most EHRs that attempt to adapt their EHR to a correctional setting, Centricity has allowed for a true correctional EHR provided by one of the world’s largest healthcare companies, General Electric. From booking to discharge, GE Centricity has a complete clinical roadmap developed specifically for correctional facilities. Centricity has integrated with numerous Offender Management Systems to create bi-directional communication to minimize the use of two systems while ensuring that correctional officers are provided with vital information in the OMS while simultaneously ensuring that the EHR contains pertinent housing and court-related information.
Centricity’s automated workflows, pre-built templates and commands work the way you do to help improve clinical effectiveness and efficiency, and enable more informed clinical decision-making.
Benchmarking & Data-Driven Decision Making
Centricity is the only EHR system backed by the Medical Quality Improvement Consortium (MQIC), our quality reporting and research database with de-identified clinical data from 30+ million unique patients. Make data-driven decisions based on current information and benchmark performance against others to see how the care you provide meets common standards.
3rd Party Software Interface
GE Centricity offers powerful interoperability and integrates in real-time with other systems. Our interface engine supports the integration of the program with third-party systems to share lab reports, billing data, clinical notes and related data.
|Electronic MAR||Treatment Planning|
|Hundreds of Corrections-Specific Clinical Forms||Customization|
|Clinical and Behavioral Health||Billing/Cost Analysis|
|Fully-Integrated Report Writer||Discharge Planning|
|Clinical Documentation||Scanning & Indexing Charts|
|Sick Call||Security and Privacy|
|Patient Charts||Role-Based Security|
|Document Management||600+ Auditable Fields|
|Inmate Movement Tracking||ICD-9 & ICD-10 Ready|
|Orders / Treatment Administration Record (TAR)||HIPAA Compliance|
|ePrescribing||Flexible & Scalable|
|Microsoft-Based Platform Design||Onsite and Cloud Hosting|
|Mobile-Ready||Health Information Exchange|